Join us for the FINAL 2018 Raising of Fort Worth event featuring our special guest moderator Evan Smith, Editor in Chief and CEO of Texas Tribune.
We look forward to learning from our expert panelists from across the country as we continue to expand our understanding about the role parents, schools, and the community play in ensuring a strong start for all children from birth through 3rd grade.
Key topics will include:
- Aligning quality early learning and elementary school systems
- Understanding the role of parent engagement throughout the full birth-age 8 spectrum
- Examining the business case for high-quality child care and early education for all
- Ross Thompson, PhD, Professor of Psychology, University of California at Davis
- Studies early parent-child relationships, and children’s emotion regulation, conscience development, and growth of self-understanding.
- Recently examined early parent-child conversation shapes young children’s developing understanding of emotion, morality, and self.
- Albert Wat, Senior Policy Director, Alliance for Early Success
- Experience in literacy and social-emotional development, pre-K access and quality, learning standards, and data systems.
- Studies alignment between early learning policies
and practices, especially in the early elementary years.
- Ken Ross, Communications Executive, Lockheed Martin
- Currently site communications lead for the 14,000-employee plant in Fort Worth.
- Employee communications lead for 26,000-employee Aeronautics business, which includes media relation, investor relations, labor relations, leader engagement and community outreach.
- Matthew Portell, Principal, Fall-Hamilton
- Principal at Nashville Community School touting pre-K through 4th grade character development, student achievement, and community supports.
- Evan Smith, CEO and Co-Founder of The Texas Tribune
- CEO and co-founder of the Texas Tribune, an award-winning digital new organization covering Texas politics and public policy.
- Mr. Smith previously spent 18 years at Texas Monthly, including eight years as the magazine’s editor and a year as its president and editor in chief.
Thursday, October 18, 2018
7:30 a.m. | Complimentary Breakfast and Networking
8:00 a.m. | Welcome
8:15 to 9:15 a.m. | Panel Discussion
9:15 to 10:45 a.m. | Optional Breakout Q&A with Panel
3200 Sanguinet Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107